Auto Accidents and Pain Management
The squeal of brakes, blaring of a horn and a deafening crash – there’s no mistaking the sound and feel of a collision on the road. Even a major car accident is over in a moment, but the effects can linger for a lifetime. Pain and trauma from a single crash can impact every part of your life, from your ability to perform your job or pursue favorite hobbies to your ability to sleep well at night.
Injuries from an accident may not be readily apparent; damage to your neck and back may not show up for several hours or days after your collision. Knowing some of the injuries you could sustain and how to get help can ease your pain and anxiety and help you get on the road to a full recovery.
Common AutoAccident Injuries
While every accident is different, there are plenty of common conditions experienced by people who have been in a collision. Soft tissue injuries, which affect the ligaments and muscles, can include damage to joints, neck or back. Whiplash is very common, even for motorists who were not in serious accident. The most common injuries from car accidents include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck strain, pain or whiplash
- Back injuries, from sprains and strains to disc or spinal injury
- Chest injuries, from colliding with the steering wheel to the sudden force of the crash
- Arm and leg injuries of a variety of types, from cuts and scrapes to broken bones and sprains
Tips for Avoiding Car Accidents
Sometimes there is just no way to avoid a crash, but you can minimize your chances of being in a collision and sustaining one or more injuries. The car and driving experts at Edmunds.com recommend the following tips for safe driving:
- Maintain your vehicle: Make sure your tires are not bald, that your brakes work and that your car is performing as safely as it should.
- Be wary of cars in poor condition: Drivers that don’t maintain their own cars well may also have sloppy or inattentive habits on the road so be wary of extremely unkempt cars.
- Stay to the right: The left lane is for passing – and is where the majority of highway accidents happen. Give yourself more options and places to go to avoid a crash by choosing the middle or right lanes on the highway.
- Be extra vigilant at night or on holidays: From teens fresh out of driving school to drunken revelers, the hours between darkness and dawn are the most dangerous for driving, no matter where you live.
- Pay attention to the weather: It may not snow in Mesa, but it does rain and wet conditions can be hazardous for drivers. Use extra caution in bad weather to avoid an accident.
How a Pain Management Professional Can Help with Your Auto Accident Injury
Some accidents can’t be avoided, so if you have been injured, a pain management specialist can help you regain your abilities and significantly reduce your pain. When you have an injury to your neck or back, one of our chiropractors can come up with a treatment plan designed just for you. Accurate recording of both your injury and the amount of treatment required helps ensure that you can recover damages from the other driver or insurance company.
We use a variety of cutting edge and traditional techniques to treat your injuries and your pain, including:
- Chiropractic care
- Therapeutic and corrective exercise
- Physiotherapy techniques
Accident and Injury Chiropractic Care in Chandler, Arizona
At Advanced Back & Neck Care we take pride in our attention to detail, ability to correctly identify even uncommon car accident injuries and create comprehensive treatment plans for every patient we see. Each patient receives personalized attention in our state of the art facility and we are here for you every step of the way. Advanced Back & Neck Care also works with some of the personal injury attorneys in the area if you need a recommendation. We offer the following services for our patients, all in one convenient location:
- Expert Chiropractic care
- No out of pocket costs; we bill your insurance company
- An on-staff anesthesiologist
- Licensed massage therapists
- In house diagnostic tools, from X-ray to Surface EMG and more
- Exercise rehab programs
- Same day appointments
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, we’re here to help you recover and get back to your normal life. Contact Advanced Back & Neck Care with any questions or concerns about your accident and injuries, or to set up a comprehensive pain treatment plan today.
Latest posts by Dr. David Voyer (see all)
- 7 Ways to Tell You’re Having a Migraine Instead of a Headache - August 16, 2017
- 3 Ways Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Personal Injury Claim - June 28, 2017
- Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage - December 7, 2016