Did you know that chiropractic care for back pain works as both a prevention measure and as a first-line of treatment for multiple health issues? One of the safest, most effective modalities for treating discomfort in the lower back is chiropractic care. There are three major goals of chiropractic care: restoring natural function, preventing injury and relieving pain. The most common type back pain is in the lower part of the spine, which affects approximately 80 percent of adults. Fortunately, there are multiple treatment options available for eliminating discomfort in the lower back. At Advanced Back and Neck, we provide treatment for lower back pain in Arizona. If you’re looking to end the physical suffering you’ve been experiencing in your back once and for all, contact a chiropractor that you can trust at Advanced Back and Neck Care.
Common Causes of Back Pain
There are multiple reasons why people in Arizona seek treatment for their distressed back. It’s estimated that approximately 80 percent of people will experience trouble with their back at some point in their lives. There are a wide variety of health issues that can create these issues, such as vertebral subluxation, herniated disc, stress, obesity, sprained ligaments, ruptured disks, trigger points, arthritis, and sports related accidents. Each of these causes of soreness in the spine has its own unique treatment program. At Advanced Back and Neck, we are skilled at providing relief from the pain in your back, regardless of the source.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Symptoms can range from a shooting sensation to a general achiness. Pain in the lower region of your spine can make it hard to move or stand up completely straight. Acute lower back pain can come back suddenly after an injury or intense workouts. Distress in the lower back that lasts more than three months is considered chronic back pain and professional help should be sought. When it comes to trouble with your back, it’s often difficult to discover the physical source of the pain. In some instances, people are experiencing intense pain, yet their X-ray results show no issues. Some of the symptoms of back pain to keep an eye out for are:
- Pain that continues to get worse
- Sensitivity of the spine
- Muscle spasms
We can help provide relief for each of the above symptoms using our chiropractic training.
Benefits of Back Pain Chiropractic Care
There are multiple benefits available to those who seek chiropractic care. One of the core benefits is relieving discofort of the back and neck. Additionally, chiropractic care can relieve stress from muscles that surround the spine. Another common benefit reaped by those who seek chiropractic care is an increased range of motion. You can even experience a boost to muscle strength thanks to chiropractic care.
Methods Advanced Back and Neck Care Uses to Treat Back Pain
Manual therapy is the essence of treating lower back pain medical issues. This is done through a number of coinciding modalities that help relieve stress and improve muscle elasticity.
- Chiropractic Adjustments.This type of manipulation refers to a short lever arm thrust that is applied at high-velocity to specific vertebrae with the goal of improving functionality. Additionally, doing so may also alleviate pressure that is causing the nerve within the spine to become irritable. In some cases, this type of treatment is also capable of improving the range of motion of the back.
- Chiropractic Mobilization.This type of treatment is a low-velocity movement that manipulates the joints and muscles. The goal of mobilization is to increase the range of motion of treated areas. This is vital when it comes to back pain relief. Experienced back pain chiropractors as Advance Back and Neck can help relieve the stress in your lower back with the above chiropractic treatments.
- Massage. At Advance Back and Neck, a massage may also be an integral aspect of regular treatment. In these situations, our practitioners will combine spinal manipulation techniques with massage therapy techniques.
- Physical Therapy. After receiving a number of spinal adjustments that have helped guide your spine back into alignment, it’s often helpful to embark on a physical therapy program. This type of plan can help increase core strength, build back muscles and keep the spine aligned.
- Back Pain Injections. Depending on your unique situation, your doctor may recommend receiving injections for pain relief. These injections are an option to treat lower back pain after completing a physical therapy program and/or a course of medications, but before surgery is considered as an option. Typically, a steroid medication is injected directly to the location of the source of the pain.
Choose Advanced Back and Neck for Back Pain Treatment in Arizona
Are you having issues with severe pain in your back and are looking to find relief with massage or chiropractic services in Chandler, AZ? At Advanced Back and Neck, our chiropractor specialists are here to help alleviate discomfort in all its forms. Our friendly and professional staff are committed to providing you with the utmost quality of care. Contact Advanced Back and Neck in Arizona today at (480) 814-7115 to schedule an appointment and get the treatment you deserve.